Governance & Public Administration
Effective and efficient public service institutions enable a transparent, needs-based distribution of public resources aligned to the priorities of the community, while encouraging private sector growth. Lack of capacity and weak governance structures present barriers to reform and impede development progress. Cowater’s work in governance and public administration seeks to address these barriers by strengthening the oversight, planning, management and service delivery capabilities of national, subnational and local governments worldwide.
Cowater’s work promotes sound governance and administration to enhance a country’s ability to address priorities of economic growth, public service delivery and infrastructure renewal and drive innovation in the operation and management of a transparent, efficient and integrated public service.
OUR EXPERTISE INCLUDES
- Public sector transparency and accountability
- Public sector management and administration (roles, functions, and structures)
- Municipal financial management and revenue enhancement
- Procurement administration and oversight
- Innovative solutions for the procurement and management of public services, including the use of Public-Private Partnership (P3) models
- Management and delivery of urban/local services and public utilities
- Urban planning and land administration
- “One Stop Shop” solutions which enhance the business environment through transparent, efficient procurement and local governance practices
- Urban consolidation/amalgamation and roll-out.
- Mobile and GIS mapping