Mike McGarry, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Senior Project Director
Dr. McGarry, one of Cowater’s founding partners, is an internationally recognized leader in the water supply and sanitation sector. His expertise encompasses the entire spectrum of needs within the sector, from analysis of urban and rural priorities and policies, through development and implementation of appropriate technologies and community management. His experience includes training, community management, social research, M&E, and the preparation of educational materials. He has worked with multilateral agencies, bilateral agencies, community organizations and non-governmental organizations both in Canada and overseas – including in Ghana, Tanzania, Uganda, Lesotho, Malawi, Angola, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Myanmar/Burma and Thailand. Dr. McGarry is providing oversight and management to Cowater projects under the following service lines:
- Water supply and sanitation engineering design and construction management
- Water sector governance, policy, and strategy development
- Natural resource management
- Renewable energy programs (solar, wind, etc.)
- Extractive sector support in water, sanitation, and renewable energy